Remember, check-in time is Monday, May 30, from 9am-1pm. Orientation begins
promptly at 2pm in the Mathematics Building.
Driving Directions to Allegany Hall for check-in:
- Take I-95 south to Exit 27 and follow the signs to U.S. Route
1 south, College Park. The procedure is well marked but somewhat
complicated. As you approach the Capital Beltway (I-495), keep
to the right of center as the freeway splits at Exit 27. Soon
after the split, you
will need to exit to the left, followed by a right exit. You will
rejoin I-95/I-495 south briefly; keep right. Then take Exit 25B,
U.S. Route 1 (Baltimore Ave.) south to College Park.
- Proceed south on U.S. Route 1 about 2.5 miles to the University
on your right.
- Follow steps 2-∞ below.
- Take I-95 north, joining the Capital Beltway (I-495) in Virginia.
Cross into Maryland on I-95/I-495 and continue to Exit 25, College
Park. Turn left at the stoplight to head south onto U.S. Route
1 (Baltimore Ave.), and proceed about 2.5 miles to the University
on your right.
- You will turn right at the main entrance to campus, Campus
Drive. Get in the left lane to go straight.
- When you reach the first traffic circle, go 270° around
to Regents Drive (this amounts to "turning left").
- Take Regents Drive past the Memorial Chapel (on your
right) to Annapolis Hall (also on your right), immediately before
the road veers to the left.
- Annapolis Hall (labeled in yellow on the map below) is the main
administrative building for your housing. This is where the Math
SPIRAL and University of Maryland Housing staff will be waiting
to help you unload, check-in, and collect the keys to your rooms.
The best thing to do if you are driving alone is to unload your
car, and then go park in the free parking lot (Lot Y, labeled
in green on the map) behind the Memorial Chapel until you receive
your parking permit.